Women's Health Queensland Wide (Women's Health) is a not for profit health promotion, information and education service for women and health professionals throughout Queensland. Our work is funded through a grant provided by the Queensland Government.
Women in Queensland experience better health and wellbeing through health promotion and access to quality health information and education.
Values and Guiding Principals
- Best practice - evidence based health information, continuous improvement.
- Innovation - use a range of delivery options/modalities
- Collaboration - with key external stakeholders, during internal decision making
- Independence - from commercial interests
- Social justice - equity and improved access to health information and education
- Social determinants of health - environmental, economic, biological and social.
- To make high quality, appropriate health information available and accessible to women via a range of modalities, with the aim of facilitating their decision making to improve their health.
- To make high quality, appropriate health information available to professionals and relevant organisations, groups and networks via a range of modalities or collaborations, to inform their service provision to women.
- To advocate for and promote women's health as a priority issue.
- To be an effective, independent and dynamic organisation consistent with its objects, vision, guiding principles and values.
- To maintain an active role in the development of the women's health sector in Queensland.
How you can support Women's Health Queensland Wide
Become a Member
Make a Donation
Like us on Facebook
Download and read our:
Constitution (176 KB PDF)
Privacy and Confidentiality Procedures (144 KB PDF)
Client Feedback and Complaints Policy (114 KB PDF)
Client Rights and Responsibilities (57 KB PDF)
Our work is funded by:
Last updated: 10 April 2013